[ Evariste | Forum ]

From: Patrick SCHOULLER
Subject:  ITEA 2 / Troisième appel à projets /

Madame monsieur

ITEA 2 (Information Technology for European Advancement) is Europe’s premier
industry-driven co-operative programme for pre-competitive R&D in
Software-intensive Systems and Services (SiS). ITEA 2 is the successor of the
very successful ITEA programme.

ITEA 2 is a EUREKA cluster programme that stimulates and supports projects
that
will give European industry a leading edge in the area of SiS. Our
programme is
open to partners from large industrial companies, small and medium-sized
enterprises (SMEs), as well as research institutes and universities.

Our projects are bottom-up, industry-driven initiatives, involving
complementary R&D from at least two companies in two different countries
(according to EUREKA rules). Topics can range from software for product line
engineering to automotive platforms and from process automation to avionic
systems.

THE THIRD CALL FOR PROJECTS OF ITEA 2 OPENS ON 21 FEBRUARY 2008.
PROJECT OUTLINES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11 APRIL 2008 AT THE LATEST.

If you plan to participate, now is the time to visit our website
(http://www.itea2.org/project_calls, start defining the general direction and
scope of your project, look for potential consortium partners, and investigate
local funding possibilities. All 37 countries in the EUREKA framework give
financial support to ITEA 2 projects but, as each country has its own rules
for
participation, you should get in touch with representatives of your National
Public Authority first. You’ll find a list of addresses of the National Public
Authorities on our website (http://www.itea2.org/national_funding.

Our Calls for Projects involve a two-step procedure. First, short Project
Outlines (POs) are submitted. For those that are approved, the next step is to
submit a Full Project Proposal (FPP). These are evaluated and, if approved,
given the ITEA 2 (EUREKA-endorsed) label. Project participants can then apply
for funding in their own countries.

Technical Content
The research areas outlined in the ITEA Technology Roadmap for
Software-intensive Systems and the ITEA 2 Blue Book
(http://www.itea2.org/publications form the basis for the technical content of
each Call.

Preparation meeting
In order to help you prepare a Project Outline, locate potential partners,
join
existing consortia, and/or find out more about the specifics of the Call, we
are organising a Project Outline preparation meeting on 21 and 22 February
2008
in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Participation is free of charge. Detailed
information about the location will be submitted after your registration has
been confirmed.

Participation is in principle open to all those with an interest in our 3rd
Call but limited to organisations with a clear contribution to the project
generation, such as those who already have a concrete project idea, or those
who are engaged in technologies or product developments that may be
relevant to
other project ideas.

If you are interested in participating in this two-day event, you have to fill
in the online registration form on our website
(http://www.itea2.org/project_outline_preparation_meeting by 1 February
2008 at
the latest.

NOTE: as the maximum number of participants is limited and we will need
sufficient time to evaluate and process your registration we highly recommend
that you register as soon as possible before the deadline! We cannot guarantee
participation after the deadline.

Partner search

It is also possible to visit the Partner Search area of our website
(http://www.itea2.org/partner_search to look for partners to start a new
project, or when you have an idea for a project but still need partners, or if
you want to join a consortium. This on-line service is open to all, which
means
that it can greatly facilitate the formation of consortia and the
definition of
project proposals.

In the meantime, we’re here to provide help and offer advice. You can get in
touch with our programme coordinators Erik Rodenbach
(erik.rodenbach@itea2.org)
and Antoine Pery (antoine.pery@itea2.org) by email or telephone: +31 40 247
5590.

With kind regards,

ITEA 2 Progamme Management

Ce message vous est distribué parce que vous êtes sur une liste de gens
potentiellement intéressés par les informations nationales ou
communautaires relatives à la société de l'information.
Si vous ne souhaitez pas faire partie de cette liste, merci d'envoyer un
message en disant quelle adresse email supprimer.

Patrick SCHOULLER
Ministère de l'Economie des Finances et de l'Emploi
DGE - STSI
Représentant national "Programmes européens dédiés à la société de
l'information"
www.telecom.gouv.fr